Wednesday 4 April 2012

A BLOG called "Teachers' Instructional Practices & Strategies: Supporting Adult Learners' Success"

Yesterday while I  researching for a blog entry, I came upon this blog,  EFFTIPS, that has some information about the topic I am trying to write about. I decided to subscribe this blog as I thought it would be helpful to me as a novice in e-learning.

The first email feed I received in this blog was a blog entry welcoming new visitors and subscribers from New Zealand. Well, I assumed that was me and in no time I was busy replying and posting my comment. I expressed my heartfelt thanks for acknowledging me and I did a bit of explaining how I stumbled upon their site. I also mentioned about this paper, AUT and the Masters in Adult Literacy and Numeracy.

Again, within a few minutes, Duren, the EFF Online Technical Support person, replied back and requesting us to be blog participants! This blog site is in its pilot stage and I see this as an opportunity for all of us to actually do a 'hands-on' online collaboration activity.

That would be awesome! What do you think everyone?

Honey Bee

2 comments:

  1. Hi Honey Bee
    It seems to be an interesting site, with some useful teaching tips although it will be slanted to the American 'core curriculum'. As you will know America and Britain have curriculum for adult LLN learners and compulsory levels they must achieve if in recent of welfare payments and other government help. In N.Z. we don't have any 'core curriculum' so teach to the student or organisational need, which I do prefer.
    As to a 'hands-on collaboration activity' aren't we already doing that if fully participating in this paper and it's requirement to not only blog but use reflective practice principles to comment on each others blogs?
    That being said I do visit other blogs outside of our course requirements and will be adding the blog to my list. I look forward to further postings from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Honey
    great to see you hooked! I visited the site and await my reply from them.. I do think it good that someone replied to you and welcomed you.

    Keep those blogs coming- You need about 2000 words for assignment 2.

    ReplyDelete